Dr. Ilana Harms, DAIM, Dipl. O.M. (NCCAOM)®, L.Ac.
Hello Friends! My name is Dr. Ilana Harms and I am a Nationally Board Certified, Licensed Acupuncturist in California.
I found East Asian Medicine by accident after suffering from a neck injury while traveling for work. After minimal support and disappointing treatment options from my MD, my partner recommended that I try working with an acupuncturist. Within 2 treatments, my neck injury – which had been severely limiting me for weeks – was healed. After a few years of receiving East Asian Medicine as a patient, I realized that I wanted to know so much more about this medicine and help others. So I enrolled in a graduate medical education program that allowed me to immerse in East Asian medical paradigms while also providing training in integrative care. My educational experience enables me to treat my patients and partner with their larger health care teams to ensure that we all work toward the common goal of whole-person health.
As a queer woman of color, I have a special place in my heart for folx who identify with the BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities. My doctoral research focused using East Asian Medicine to support pregnancy loss experiences. I champion bodily autonomy and reproductive sovereignty and I support all pregnancy outcomes.
To learn more about how we can best work together, please book a complimentary 15 minute consultation.
I look forward to being on your team.
– Dr. Harms
- Doctorate of Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine (DAIM) – AIMC Berkeley
- Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) – AIMC Berkeley
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Oriental Medicine – Dipl. O.M. (NCCAOM)® – NCCAOM
Continuing Education & Advanced Training
- Heiner Fruehauf – Certificate in Classical Chinese Herbal Formulation (candidate)
- Whitfield Reaves – Treating the Triad of Low Back Pain; Treating Neck & Shoulder Posture; Treating Knee Injury & Pain
- Kiiko Matsumoto – Nourishing Every Cell: Kiiko Matsumoto Style Strategies for Gastrointestinal Issues; Unraveling Trauma: Kiiko Matsumoto’s Treatments for Scar Release, Adrenal & Immune Weakness, and Sympathetic Overdrive
- World Chinese Medicine Forum – TCM Treatment of COVID Sequelae